Firstly, imagine yourself in the following situations.
Sounds scary right?
The best solution to avoid all these situations is an e-Insurance account.
Benefits of an e-Insurance account
Reduces Instances of Fraudulent Acts: When you register for an e-Insurance account, you are provided with a unique 13 digital eIA number. The account will be password protected and only you can access it. In a nutshell, you as an insurance buyer can be shielded against fraudulent sources occurring due to the issuance of fake documents and forged signatures.
Facilitates Effortless Premium Payments: A lot of time and effort can be saved through online transactions. By paying your premiums on a digital platform, you can avoid the hassle of standing in queues. Electronic receipts can also be printed with just a click.
Provides Professional Support: You can avoid the hassle of receiving numerous alerts of multiple policy updates from various communication mediums. By digitizing your insurance policies, you can initiate online requests and obtain support from insurance experts and advisors.
Enables Accessibility: Policy information can be easily retrieved and managed online, anytime and anywhere without restrictions. In case of the unforeseen death of the e-Insurance account holder, the appointed nominee can also view the policy information provided he/she is the ‘Authorized Representative’. This way, the relatives of the deceased individual are not kept in the dark about the insurance policies opted for during his or her lifetime.
3 Interesting facts about an e-Insurance
- You can open an e-Insurance account even before you purchase an insurance policy
- The IRDAI has mandated e-Insurance account for all claims above 10 lakhs.
- Creating an e-Insurance account takes less than 30 minutes and is free-of-cost
How to open an e-Insurance account?
- The IRDAI has authorised only 4 repositories in India for maintaining an eIA account and Policygenie by CAMSRep is one amongst them.
- To open an e-Insurance account with PolicyGenie, go to our website www.policygenie.in
- Right at the beginning of the homepage, you will be given two options through which you can open your eIA account. You can either open the account through our website or through WhatsApp.
- Keep your PAN Card and address proof beside you as you will be asked to fill in a few details.
- That’s it! Just fill in all the details and your account will be created in a jiffy.